More Stuff About Me and Things

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Simple Knock-Knock Joke


Knock-Knock
Who's there?
God
God who?

Okay, so maybe it is not so simple. The way that we answer that question will totally affect what we think and how we act. Is God different for every person? Is God some abstract force? Is God good?

The real question is who does God say that he is? Moses, when he was sent to lead the Israelites out of Egypt asked the same question.

"When I tell the Israelites that their God has sent me to lead them to freedom, they won't believe me. They will ask which god sent me. What is his name?"

God responded by saying, "I AM" (paraphrase from Exodus 3)

God's response shows us that he is the all-powerful creator or all things. He exists outside of time and space. He is God and has been and will be throughout eternity. It also shows that he is a personal God. He is big, great and powerful, but he desires a personal relationship with me. He cares so much that he even has numbered the hairs on my head. He was also willing to die so that I might be with him forever.

I guess, in life, there will be a number of disappointments. We are surrounded by an seemingly uncaring world full of seemingly uncaring people. However, when we have no where to turn. We have I AM.

Knock-Knock
Who's there?
I AM

No comments: