More Stuff About Me and Things

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Road Closed


I was driving to my Philosophy of Ministry and Leadership class at the Rogers, AR extension of John Brown University. I was going the way that had always gone and was really not thinking about where I was. Then I came upon something that made me have to take notice. The road was closed. The one way that I knew how to get to my destination was closed.

I started thinking about my ultimate destination...sanctification. I got to thinking how great it is that this road will never be closed to me. God has promised to continue a good work in me until the day of Christ Jesus.

Then I got to thinking about the people around me. Jesus is the only way into the Kingdom, but how many times do people seek me out to point them to Christ? Do I give them a "road closed" sign because they are different? or because I don't want to take the time?

People are watching all the time. The Gospel is lived out in the crucible of life. When people see Jesus in us, do we jump at the chance to point them to eternal life or do we show them a "road closed" sign?

No comments: